Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Book Review: Sandhill Dreams by Cara C. Putnam

World War II has long been one of my favorite settings for stories, but his story is unique in that although the Hero, Tom, is in the Army, he is not serving overseas. He works training the dogs that go overseas to help the soldiers. Lainie always wanted to become a nurse, but a case of rheumatic fever leaves her too weak to pursue her dream. Still, wanting to help in the war effort, she seeks employment at Fort Robinson. Throughout the story, many things, from her father to a relapse of rheumatic fever, conspire to keep Tom and Lainie apart, and through it all, both Tom and Lainie must learn to trust God and rely on Him.

I love Heartsong books since I can read them without worrying about what I'll find. In true Heartsong fashion, this is a clean, faith-based story with a happily-ever-after ending. I love that both characters must learn to deal with broken dreams and both must also learn to trust God. For a quick, good read this is a great book. A definite add to your TBR pile, and another great story by Cara Putnam.

0 comments:

Help Us Out!

Michelle D. Rodgers's Fan Box

About Me

I have been married since July, 1990. God has blessed me and my husband with four children. My oldest will graduate in May and head to college. I enjoy reading and began writing my own stories a few years ago.

Label Cloud


 

Design by Amanda @ Blogger Buster