Sunday, November 16, 2008

How Busy Are You?

Sometimes our life gets hectic. On Thursday, I spent five+ hours on the road with Jeff for a doctor's appointment. The doctor decided to do surgery on Monday. That meant another 5+ hours on the road Friday for two pre-op appointments and 5+ hours on the road for the surgery on Monday. Needless to say, the last couple of days have been busy.

The holiday season is upon us. Every day we have more and more to do. Shopping and cooking for Thanksgiving. Buying presents for family, friends, loved ones, co-workers, and often even people we don't really like all that much. Parties and decorations. Family get-togethers. Gift exchanges. All of these things fight for our attention.

But, are you TOO busy? Can you hear God calling you? In I Kings 19:12, God comes to Elijah, not in a strong wind, or an earthquake, or a fire, but in a still small voice. While you're busy "living" your life, remember to stop and listen for God's voice as He tells you what He wants you to do with your life, what He wants to do in your life, and what He wants to do for you.

0 comments:

Help Us Out!

Michelle D. Rodgers's Fan Box

About Me

I have been married since July, 1990. God has blessed me and my husband with four children. My oldest will graduate in May and head to college. I enjoy reading and began writing my own stories a few years ago.

Label Cloud


 

Design by Amanda @ Blogger Buster